Sunday, April 12, 2020

2020 sowing part 3: Results after one week

Hi all! Just a short update about my sowing results. I've sown the seeds on the 1st of April, so the noted numbers at '1 w' (= after one week) are from the 8th of April. And because I didn't took a picture that day, I'll share today's photo of my newborn Peyotes (sorry for the pic not being that great!).

Lophophora williamsii, 11 days after being sown
As you can see, three more popped up during the last few days. Some other species are also germinating a bit faster now. On the 15th of April, which is the upcoming Wednesday, I'll post some more photos. They still might be a bit "foggy" because of the humidity inside the containers, but this is how I'm also seeing them right now.

Today I've read an article in the Succulenta magazine (April 2020, Jaargang 99) about sowing cacti and other succulents. In the end, the auteur (Andre van Zuijlen) mentioned that sharing detailed and structured sowing results is very interesting for other hobbyists because right now they're hard to find online. This got me thinking... I used to take note of my results and share them. From now on I'm doing that again! Thank you for reading and till the next post.

SoortSeeds1 w2 w3 w4 w1 m2 m3 m4 m
Acanthocalycium thionanthum400
Euphorbia platyclada200
Lophophora fricii301
Lophophora williamsii402
Maihuenia poeppigii60
Monilaria moniliformis4514
Oroya borchersii300
Sulcorebutia arenacea400
Tephrocactus geometricus30
Trichocereus pascana300
Trichocereus peruvianus300.





No comments:

Post a Comment