Friday, March 27, 2020

2020 sowing part 1: What will I sow this year?

Hello all! Long time, no see. Weird times, right?! It has been a while since my last post. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I would like to encourage you not to fill your entire days with searching the internet for stuff that won't help you any further. Just follow the instructions and check out the official news (unless you live in Brasil, then look at the rest of the world. ;) ). Due to the current crisis, we all have some extra time and we should spend it with our families and on stuff that makes us happy.

2020 Seed-order

2020 seed-order

This is what I've ordered and received from the Royal(yes, we're royal now!) Dutch Cacti & other Succulents-club, Succulenta:

  • Cacti:
    • Acanthocalycium thionanthum
    • Lophophora fricii
    • Lophophora williamsii
    • Maihuenia poeppigii
    • Oroya borchersii
    • Sulcorebutia arenacea
    • Tephrocactus geometricus
    • Trichocereus pascana
    • Trichocereus peruvianus
  • Other succulents:
    • Euphorbia platyclada
    • Monilaria moniliformis

I don't want to steal online images from other sites and I am too lazy to ask for permission, so the first pictures that I'll show you are of the seeds (see above), followed by the seedlings of course. I can tell you this: they're either very beautiful or soo ugly that they become interesting and beautiful all the same.

I'll sow them during the first week of April, but also share the preparation on this blog, so if you're interested, don't forget to return once in a while.

Tiny green-house
After six years of standing outside in the freezing cold during the winter and in the full sun during the summer, my current green-house is falling apart. It was time to get myself a new one, and so I did. If everything goes by plan, I'll be able to show off my new purchase somewhere next week. Till then and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment